- 3 Tips for Planning Your Migration to Google Analytics 4
- Google Signals and Privacy in Google Analytics 4
- What is Google Analytics 4?
- Where did Bounce Rate go in Google Analytics 4?
- Translating Website Tags from Universal Analytics to Google Analytics 4
- Differences between Traditional Google Analytics and Google Analytics 4
- 5 Best Practices for Creating Your Events and Parameters in Google Analytics 4
- Validating Google Analytics 4 With Debug Mode
- Properly Setting the User ID to Track Activity Across Web and App with Google Analytics 4
- Should You Manually Set the Page_View Event in Google Analytics 4 Using GTM?
- Should I add Google Tag Manager to my Mobile Apps?
- How the WITH Clause Can Simplify Your SQL Queries
- BigQuery + GA4: How To Get the First or Most Recent Event for a User
- How to Use the Over clause to Create a Moving Average in BigQuery
- Using BigQuery and Data Studio with Google Analytics 4
- Data Studio + BigQuery + GA4: Viewing a Parameter Across Multiple Events
- Data Studio + BigQuery + GA4: How to View Multiple Parameters on the Same Event
- How to Flatten a BigQuery Table with UNNEST
- Understanding the User ID in Google Analytics 4
About This Blog
Google Analytics 4 is completely different from the Google Analytics we know and love. Data is collected differently, it is stored and filtered differently, and even the way we create reports has changed. Familiarizing yourself with GA4 can be overwhelming, but the time has come to start learning.
If you’re an Analyst who is ramping up on Google Analytics 4, this guide is for you.
This content is constantly updated, and is intended to provide the latest tips, best practices, and FAQ’s to support our colleagues.
How to Get Started with Google Analytics 4
First of all, sign up for my Google Analytics Newsletter to stay updated. Each month I will summarize the updates announced on the GA product blog, the GMP blog, and the Firebase blog, as well as other public announcements made available to to Google partners and resellers.
Then, take a look at my post on What is Google Analytics 4?